Needless to say, I am now accepting applications for a new assistant superintendent. The following is my official post for the position:
The assistant golf course superintendent reports directly to the golf course superintendent. Under the superintendents supervision, the assistant directs and participates in the overall maintenance of the golf course. The assistant superintendent may serve in the superintendent's capacity during his/her absence.
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways; schedules work, and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment, supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment, and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline.
- May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
- Possess a four year bachelors degree or a two year turf related degree.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens; seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf, planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicide and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation systems, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment, prepare clear and concise reports; and maintain effective employee and public relations.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Possession of a valid State of Oregon pesticide applicators license or the ability to obtain within 60 days of hire date.
- Medical and dental insurance after 90 days of employment
- 401K after one year of employment
- Annual vacation
- OGCSA and GCSAA dues paid
14603 S Stoneridge Drive
Oregon City, OR 97045